Other Phenomenal Web Sites
We have compiled a list of only
the best medical resources.
We have included only the highest quality, most visually
pleasing, best organized sites. If we've missed any
important ones, please let
- The American Association of Oriental Medicine
- The American College of Acupuncture & Oriental Medicine
- A nationally accredited Master's of Science program
in Oriental Medicine in Houston, Texas.
- This weblog takes an alternative view at scientific
through the eyes of traditional Chinese medicine. By Al
Stone, founder of acupuncture.com and gancao.net.
- The most comprehensive database of references on acupuncture
in the English language.
WWW Directory - a Yahoo style searchable directory
of TCM and OM links.
- From Blue Poppy Press, a mind-boggling list of links
to a year's worth of reading.
- The Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine Alliance
Poppy Press - Publisher of Chinese Medicine books,
and provider of seminars, herbal products, pamphlets,
and office products.
- California Association of Acupuncture and Oriental Medicine
- Student and Practitioner organization and resource.
Medical Hematology - A site promoting the book by
Simon Becker, plus a number of free articles.
Medical Psychiatry - A site that promotes the book
by Bob Flaws and James Lake, and includes a sample chapter,
a plethora of links and a bunch of free articles.
- Chinese Medicine Times - This new and exciting journal is for healthcare practitioners, students and those wishing to learn more about the diverse and extensive knowledge of Chinese medicine. The journal has six issues a year, delivered FREE to over 5000 Chinese medicine practitioners worldwide.
- California Society for Oriental Medicine - Student
and Practitioner organization and resource.
- The Council of Colleges of Acupuncture and Oriental
- Feng Shui Tips for Your Home, Bedroom, and More
- Al Stone, founder of acupuncture.com's new home. Includes
some great email lists, and a bunch more links.
Free Pictures of - Herb and Wildflower Picture files
free for personal and educational use for students, teachers,
not- for-profit entities, and webmasters.
Articles - Medical and Chinese Medical.
Online - Subhuti writes great, detailed, long, references
- The Journal of Traditional Eastern Health & Fitness
- A great resource for information on Chinese Culture,
Oriental Medicine, Tai Chi, and Feng Shui. Also a list
of searchable links that are rated by users.
- The National Acupuncture Detoxification Association
- Acupuncture links and articles from doctors, chiropractors,
and non-physician licensed acupuncturists.
- The National Certification Commission for Acupuncture
and Oriental Medicine
Press - Secret, awesome papers by Chinese medicine
- Pacific College of Oriental Medicine - San Diego-based
school of Oriental Medicine. Includes online parts of
the school's 'Oriental Medicine' publication for students
and practitioners. Possibly the best U.S. school of OM
(the only schools with better pass rates for the challenging
California State Board Exam are not sending anywhere near
the number of students to the test).
Formulas - Herb company that makes custom powder (granular)
formulas for practitioners' individual patients.
Tests - An easy-to-use online testing facility for
aspect of Traditional Chinese Medicine.
Medical Association - All kinds of information, self-assessment
tests, and access to the Journal of the AMA. For the public,
medical students, and medical professionals.
- Loads of cases and imaging from the Department of Radiology,
Brigham and Women's Hospital Harvard Medical School
Academy of Family Physicians' Practice Management Self
Test - Article and self-test for your practice.
of Gastrointestinal Endoscopy
Internal Medicine - What they do, how patients can
find them, and whether you should become one if you're
a medical student.
the Path - A Problem-based Guide to Diagnostic Imaging
Strategies in the Emergency Room.
Practice Notebook - no gristle, no fat, just the essence
of diseases, treatments, best practices, etc.
- For real, free books online
Medical Journals - Promoting free access to medical
- One of a kind site. Don't miss the endoscopy videos
with polka music in the background.
Care Job Bank - The smarter way to find better Healthcare
jobs! At HealthCareJobBank.com - HEALTHCARE JOB BANK is
the global Resume Exchange database with the primary focus
on Healthcare, Biotech and Pharmaceutical industries.
Healthcare Job Bank specialize in finding nurse employment,
LVN, LPN and RN jobs, for all nursing areas of employment
and specialties, with our professional nurse job staffing.
Jobs can be posted on our Nursing jobs lists for medical
jobs including nurse employment with hospitals, travel
nurse agencies and RN Jobs in health care.
Sounds - a link to the Lung sounds I talk about in
the Respiratory part of my Medical
Mneumonics - A free, non-profit, online searchable
database of medical mnemonics to help remember the important
Student.com - A digital library of authoritative medical
information for all students of medicine.
- If you have a question, MedicineNet has the answer.
Information on any disease or drug you could think of.
Throw away your pill books, and bookmark MedicineNet.
- A comprehensive site for nurses featuring nursing jobs,
online nursing continuing education, RN - BSN Degrees,
ACLS training programs & tutorials, active nursing
forums, medical humor, and extensive resources.
- The absolute #1 best place to go for biomedicine...
if you can understand it!
- A fascinating resource for students and practitioners.
Case Studies with quizes, conference summaries, abstracts,
imaging examples. Quite enough to stimulate one to get
or stay educated!
Information on symptoms, diagnosis, effects & treatment
of malignant mesothelioma cancer.
- The National Center for Complementary and Alternative
Medicine - The National Center for Complementary and
Alternative Medicine is dedicated to exploring complementary
and alternative healing practices in the context of rigorous
science, training CAM researchers, and disseminating authoritative
information to the public and professionals.
National Institutes of Health
England Journal of Medicine - The prestigious weekly
medical journal online; all users will find access to
a substantial portion of each issue, any may choose to
subscribe, thereby gaining access to the entire journal
online. For students or practitioners.
& Neuropathology - A searchable Directory compiled
for Medical Students, Residents, and other Health Professionals
Clinical Cases - Short cases, and long ones with CME
credit for physicians.
Laboratory for Medical Education - This popular web
resource includes over 1900 images along with text, tutorials,
laboratory exercises, and examination items for self-assessment
that demonstrate gross and microscopic pathologic findings
associated with human disease conditions.
Country - HIV Test & AIDS Test Kits - TestCountry.com
offers affordable HIV home test & AIDS test kits,
early pregnancy, ovulation predictor, and drug tests for
hair - marijuana.
National Library of Medicine (NLM) - The world's largest
biomedical library, with access to Medline. For students
Hospital - The Virtual Hospital digital library contains
thousands of textbooks and booklets for health care providers
Sites for Medical Students