Betty Crocker Recipe
by Mónica P. Vazquez
A Betty Crocker Recipe... and Three Other Great Ideas To Get Your Family To Eat Their Veggies.
Meat makes great main dishes and so do vegettables. Easy and fast to
prepare, veggies can bring color to your table and help you have your five a
day. Get creative and healthy with these four delicious ideas for meals.
A Betty Crocker Recipe with Some Additions
Serves: 12 - Start to Finish: 20 minutes
Only 3 ingredients: a snap to prepare.
3 pounds broccoli
12 ounces process cheese spread loaf, shredded
1/2 cup crumbled cooked bacon or toasted sliced almonds
1. Cut thick broccoli stems lengthwise into fourths.
2. Heat 1 inch water (salted if desired) to boiling and add broccoli. Cover
and heat to boiling; reduce heat.
3. Cook 5-8 minutes or until stems are tender and drain.
4. Arrange half of the broccoli in serving dish and sprinkle with half of
the cheese and bacon; repeat.
Want some Mediterranean taste? Add lemon juice and some chopped olives.
Or you may add cauliflowerets, carrots, green peas and fettuccine and get
delicius Betty Crocker Recipe's Pasta Primavera, a pasta dish with veggies
and a creamy sauce.
Delight in Yellow, Brown and Green
Corn And Zucchini
Serves: 4-6 - Start to Finish: 15 min
4 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon butter
1 small onion, finely chopped
4 ounces mushrooms, finely chopped
3 medium zucchini, finely chopped
2 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed
3 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (es una hierba para especiar)
Salt and pepper, to taste
1.In a deep skill, cook the onion in 3 tablespoon of olive oil for 5
minutes, until onion begins to soften.
2.Turn heat to high and add the mushrooms. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes,
until mushrooms begin to brown.
3. Add the remaining tablespoon of olive oil and the zucchini and cook,
tossing the vegetables every minute or so until the zucchini is cooked
4. Add the corn and toss until the corn is heated through.
5. Remove from the heat, add 1 tablespoon of butter, the dill and salt and
pepper to taste. Let the butter melt and toss.
6. Serve immediately.
No corn? Use carrots and add sage, dill, pepper and lemon juice to get Betty
Crocker Recipe Zucchini and Carrots with Fresh Herbs!
For a meat and pasta dish, add some beef and rotini pasta for Betty Crocker Recipe Sloppy Joe Rotini.
Enjoying Veggies the Italian Way
Spinach and Mushrooms Lasagne
Serves: 6-8 - Start to Finish: 90 minutes (30 min preparation, 60 min cook)
10 lasagne noodles, cooked
1 pound fresh spinach
2 cups fresh mushrooms, finelly chopped
1/2 cup finelly chopped onion
1 16oz. can tomato paste
1 15oz. can tomato sauce
2 cups cottage cheese
16 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
1/2 cup parmesan cheese grated
1 Tbsp. olive oil
1/2 cup chopped black olives
2 tsp. oregano (marjoram)
1. Rinse spinach well and cook in covered pan with no water. Reduce heat
when steam forms and cook for 3-4 minutes.
2. Cook mushrooms and onion in oil till tender but not brown. Add the tomato
paste, olives, and oregano and simmer for 10 minutes.
3. Lightly grease a 9x13 pan. Layer 1/2 of the lasagne noodles on the
bottom. Then layer 1/2 of the cottage cheese, spinach, sauce mixture and
4. Repeat layers.
5. Pour the tomato souce over top layer.
6. Sprinke the top with the parmesan cheese.
7. Cook in a 375 degree oven for 1 hour. Once removed from oven, let stand
for a few minutes before cutting.
The Betty Crocker Recipe, "Roasted-Vegetable Lasagna" is a delicious variation you may want to try. Just use roasted veggies -pepper, onion, zucchini, mushrooms and cheese.
Many more Betty Crocker Recipes with veggies available at Betty Crocker
A Ray of Light from Sunny Spain
Gazpacho, the Original Spanish Cold Soup
Serves: 4 - Start to Finish: 20 min
6 large ripe tomatoes
2 green peppers
1 red pepper
1 onion (the central part only)
2 loaves of bread (without the crust)
3 garlic cloves
Salt, vinegar, olive oil
1. Put the bread in a bowl and add enough water to cover the bread. Add some
salt and olive oil.
2. Chop and mix the tomatoes, the peppers (both, green and red), the
cucumber, the onion and the garlic cloves.
3. Put mixture in blender and liquify to get a creamy soup. Add the bread
and water (point 1. above)and some vinegar and blend again.
4. Add more cold water, salt and vinegar to taste.
5. Serve it cold with chopped veggies (cucumber, pepper, and onion) and
croutons (toasted bread in dice) as garnishes.
There you have it, four easy to prepare, colorful and tasty recipes your
family will love!
2005. Mónica P. Vazquez
More Food, Diet, and Recipe Articles