Natural Cures They Don't Want You To Know About
by Amara Rose
Imagine being able to alleviate insomnia, depression, debilitating pain, chronic fatigue, anxiety, skin rashes and poor digestion—without drugs or surgery, just simple, natural cures.
They don't want you to know about such cures. But they exist, and they work. I know, because this is how I got well.
Natural Cures Ease Toxic Overload
Toxicity is the root of all illness. It had become a disabling condition for me by my mid-30s. Our health is challenged every day just by breathing, eating, and drinking, as we absorb pesticides, heavy metals, chemicals and preservatives, which then create a catastrophic catalogue of symptoms in our bodies. Yet right under our noses, waiting to ameliorate this noxious assault, are natural cures they don't want you to know about!
We're Being Poisoned In the Womb!
The U.S. Environmental Protection Agency reports that of the 4.79 billion pounds of toxins released into the atmosphere in 2002 (the latest info available), 72 million pounds were known carcinogens. And a 2004 study shows that air pollution even damages genetic material in fetuses.
Profit Motive Suppresses Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About
But there are myriad natural cures they don't want you to know about. Why? Profits, pure and simple.
Modern medicine only developed over the past century. Prior to then (and still flourishing in other parts of the world), people maintained health through a variety of natural means, not the chemical, mechanical and technological cures we embrace today.
Let Go, Get Well
The key concept is, we get well by what comes out of us, not by what goes into us. Ecological medicine pioneer Sherry Rogers, M.D., says, "Illness is not a drug deficiency!" This is the essence of natural cures they don't want you to know about: they require you to release, not suppress.
The body uses seven detoxification channels: blood, bowel, kidneys, liver, lungs, lymphatic system and skin. The more you clear these pathways using natural cures, the healthier you become.
Here Are Some of the Natural Cures They Don't Want You to Know About:
1) Fasting. The three "fathers" of medicine, Hippocrates, Galen and Paracelsus, were all proponents of fasting. Fasting is one of the oldest natural cures they don't want you to know about, used for every known ailment.
2) Hydrotherapy. People have been "taking the waters" for thousands of years. Think of the famous Roman baths, natural hot springs, and Finnish and Swedish saunas. Sweating allows the body to eliminate toxins through the skin.
3) Pure drinking water. The more filtered water you drink—especially if you're fasting or sweating—the more you help your kidneys move waste products out of your body. This is the simplest of the natural cures they don't want you to know about. Cola and coffee companies want your dollars!
4) Exercise. Walking is a basic cure for sluggish bowels and lymph, which can show up as puffy eyes. Another natural cure they don't want you to know about is bouncing. Buy a mini-trampoline (called a rebounder), and you'll be amazed how good you'll feel—and how much fun rebounding is.
5) Cleansing diet. Fats, white flour, sugar, dairy, meat and caffeine add to your "body burden". Try organic fruits, vegetables, brown rice or another whole grain such as millet, for a week, and watch what happens. You can also make a "healing soup" of potatoes, carrots, celery, onions and herbs such as sage, thyme, and turmeric (good for your liver).
6) Meditation and prayer. These might be the ultimate natural cures they don't want you to know about, because they have been known to bring instant and lasting results.
7) Laughter. Journalist Norman Cousins wrote "Anatomy of an Illness" to describe how he healed from a serious disease—primarily through laughter and Vitamin C.
8) Sunlight, silence, solitude, sleep, and spending time in nature are some of the other powerful, free, natural cures they don't want you to know about.
Of course, even the best natural cures can't help you if don't know where or how to start, so by all means, consult with a holistic health professional before beginning any new program.
Amara Rose offers life purpose coaching, talks, tapes/CDs, e-courses, play shops, and a FREE inspirational monthly newsletter, What Shines. She's also a "business alchemist" who has word smithed everything from white papers to web content. For more Amara, visit http://www.liveyourlight.com or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.