Pink Mini iPod
by Jessica Cuccioli
"It's not just a mini iPod...It's a pink mini iPod."
That was the smart, sarcastic reply I received from my eleven year old cousin Angela from seven states away, when I commented that I heard she just got a new iPod for her birthday. My Aunt Jonie wasn't too thrilled when she found out Uncle Jack had spent over $200 on the sleek, new pink mini iPod.
But, my Aunt Jonie grew curious about the new technology and started fiddling with it. Uncle Jack already started saving for another one.
And yes. It's going to be a pink mini iPod. Can a girl resist?
The allure of the pink mini iPod
I mean just look at it. Not only can this thin, lightweight product of genius hold over 1,000 songs, but it's a cool way to show off your personality. It's sleek, stylish, and small, so if you're a student, it won't get in the way of the seven books, the laptop, and the twinkies and gatorade you already have to haul around. And guys? Admit it. You like pink too. So don't be ashamed to flaunt a pink mini iPod around campus. If anything, you may meet some interesting new friends.
Just one word: Accessorize!
OK OK so it may sound lame, but seriously! If you're all about computer accessories, you can get them for your iPod as well.
- The Christmas/birthday present: Awesome! You got just the gift you wanted; the mini iPod. But what's with the color? Eck! You really wanted that pink mini iPod. Well worry no more. With the covers, cases, jackets, sleeves, and skins, you're sure to find one in pink, or even blue, green, and clear. And not only are you getting color, but covers and skins give your mini iPod the protection they need against scratches, dirt, and knicks.
- The Traveler: Road warrior? There are so many car accessories for your mini iPod, like a car cassette adapter, car charger, FM transmitter, dock holders, and so much more. You'll never have to listen to another rediculous car commercial again.
- At home listeners: Impress the guests or chill out alone with at-home accessories like remotes, speakers, and docks.
Where there's a pro, there's a con. Your new pink mini iPod rocks, but, some things you may find that are not so rockin are:
- Some mini's may cost about the same price as the bigger models, sometimes more
- You get less storage space
- Batteries may tend to last less than a year
If these aren't really an issue for you, that's great. And if they are, there are solutions, like, extra batteries and upgrades for more storage.
But overall, who would have imagined such a cool toy ten years ago? And if you love music, and you love style, you'll love the pink mini iPods.
And Apple pink mini iPods seem to be the hottest this year, in case you're shopping around!
More Pink Mini iPod info and reviews
Jessica Cuccioli is a Southwest Florida journalism student. She was raised a Messianic Jew, and studied at a Christian Bible college for a year. Ms. Cuccioli has also been published in the Charlotte Sun. Best of all, she was engaged to be married in Fall 2004.